Thursday, July 30, 2009

And the cookie crumbles!

Let me hold you for the last time
It's the last chance to feel again
But you broke me, now I can't feel anything.

Passing through a railway station never felt this lonely. So many faces yet not one my memory traces. I wonder what is the story behind each of these faces. Someone who has just been fired, someone who is waiting for get home to their children, someone who is angry with their boss, someone who is looking forward to meeting their loved one. Yet, not one face shows off its true story. Just as my face today.

Oh, it tears me up
I tried to hold on but it hurts too much
I tried to forgive but it's not enough
To make it all okay.

So many places where my happiness is capsuled. Places of love, laughter and joy. These places will always be close to me. But I have to move on. Been driving in reverse gear for too long. Its time to accelerate and speed past those places. These places will remain. But only in my memory as a postcard.

You can't play on broken strings
You can't feel anything
That your heart don't want to feel
I can't tell you something that ain't real

Can a failed romance ever be an open and shut case? I highly doubt that. Because no matter what, how many days and months pass by, memories will catch up with you. The chance of them remotely fading away completely is, well, remote! Exist they do and they will, but no more in glossed and coloured format but in faded sepai shade.

Oh, the truth hurts and lies worse
How can I give anymore
When I love you a little less than before.

Lyrics: James Morrison


No comments: